"I would teach children music, physics, and philosophy; but most importantly music, for the patterns in music and all the arts are the keys to learning."
Whether you are seeking ongoing traditional lessons or something more project- or subject-based, I am excited to guide you to success in achieving your goals.
Ongoing Traditional Lessons
Traditional Lessons are available for students who are learning to read music and those who are continuing their piano education.
- From 4 years old to adult - beginner through intermediate and advanced. I teach students ranging in experience anywhere from just learning about rhythm and reading music up through those working on more advanced pieces, such as Debussy's Suite Bergamasque (my favorite is Clair de Lune!).
- Lessons are typically 30 or 60 minutes in length.
- Weekly 30-minute lessons are recommended. This frequency will keep the student engaged and on task for practicing at home, and it will ensure sure your assignments don't get boring or worn out by the next lesson.
- Longer lessons bi-weekly/every other week are also an option if weekly lessons are not possible.
Project or Subject-based Lessons
Subject-based lessons are also available to both one-time and on-going students.
- Songwriting. Learn the basics of songwriting - chord progressions, how to read/write chords, lead sheets and charts.
- Special performances. Playing a piece for a special occasion and need guidance? I will coach you through the tough spots and help you improve your overall performance.
- Social music events. Want to learn what it takes to get out and play at a jam? Would like to learn some songs to play at the family holiday party? I can teach you how to read charts and get you playing more songs than you realized you could!
Your lessons can be scheduled in my home or yours - your choice!
- Located in North Phoenix. My home studio is near the I-17 and the Loop 101; 43rd Ave and Union Hills.
- Leave or stay during the lesson - your choice! If you choose to stay, you may wait in either the same room or in the other room around the corner. I have plenty of comfortable seating to accommodate the needs and security of you and the student.
- I travel to you. What is more convenient than lessons in your own home? Instead of travelling to me, spend your time on your own projects or keep the kids doing homework until lesson time.*
- Yamaha MOX8. If you do not have a piano or weighted keyboard, I will bring my weighted Yamaha MOX8 for lessons in your home.
- Recording space. I also have a home recording studio in the space that can be used for recording projects.
*additional travel fee applies for lessons at your home; please inquire for rates
View and complete the Student Registration form to get started - download here.
This form helps me stay in contact with you, the parent or the student.
If the student is a child, the form also helps me begin to select appropriate teaching materials based on age and grade level.
"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
Related Pages Recommended for You:
Related Articles Recommended for You: