Last Updated: September 9, 2016
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites, take lessons, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, request a information participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, service preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase lessons for someone and request that we deliver a voucher electronically. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and may also use that information to send marketing communications to your contact, unless he or she has previously opted out of marketing communications from jacquelinecoursonpiano.com.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, purchase lessons, we understand that you consent to us collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our websites or transact business with us, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the U.S. Postal Service’s national change of address database to verify and update mailing addresses. Generally, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Please remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or jacquelinecoursonpiano.com. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. For example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Facilitate and improve your lessons and online experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by contacting us.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising & Analytics Services
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Children & Age of Consent
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not sell products for purchase by children.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Online account information
Online accounts are not offered at this time.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies, but note that doing so does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our websites. For more information about disabling flash cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
Your California privacy rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. jacquelinecoursonpiano.com permits California residents to opt out of having their information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out by contacting us at email@example.com or through our Contact Page.